Re: shielding low voltage wire, running low voltage wires aside 12-2 romex

"John M Lauck" wrote:

> But, if you absolutely had to run an unshielded CAT5 cable side by
> side for a short run (behind a switch, in a hole etc) can you wrap
> the wire with a material to shield it?

To the OP:

Perhaps I wasn't being clear.  If not I apologize.  If it's that
short a run, just connect it.  It won't hurt anything to install the
device close to 110VAC wires and it won't matter if the two are
parallel for a short distance.  I meant that you shouldn't run the
cables side by side from point to point.  They can go behind or next
to electrical boxes, etc.

Note to Frank Olson:

Please refrain from turning every thread into a flame war.  I'm not
interested in dialoguing with you.  Everyone already knows you don't
like me and they've probably figured out by now that I'm not fond of
you either.  When you spoil every thread with personal insults you
are not hurting me but you are ruining this newsgroup.  There are a
lot of people who post here looking for assistance or trying to
assist others.  You hurt them (not to mention your own image) by
continuing the nonsense.  So please, for the benefit of the rest
here, give it a rest.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass