Re: shielding low voltage wire, running low voltage wires aside 12-2 romex

On Jan 31, 9:25 am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Yes, well, he's right Frank.  It's clear you're stalking Bass and have been
> > for quite a while.
>
> What I still don't get is where I was "abusive" to the OP.  As for
> "stalking" BAss...  He's the centre of my universe.  The Grand Poobah of
> my tribe.  I archive everything he writes.  "Bass-speak" is our holy
> language and to "Bassify" a system means it's "holy" useless.

Please, arguments aside, I appreciate all the advice.
I understand that in the best situation you would run all low voltage
wires as far away from high voltage as possible.

But, if you absolutely had to run an unshielded CAT5 cable side by
side for a short run (behind a switch, in a hole etc) can you wrap the
wire with a material to shield it?