Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Wa6dndmIqKpisWnbnZ2dnUVZ_tmhnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote
>
>> Trying to grow anything in a few inches of soil on top of lava is tough.
>
> Is that natural lava or imported?  I'd be reluctant to live anywhere there
> were fresh volcano tracks.  Or ANY volcano tracks, come to think of it.
> (-:

The whole area out here was once volcanic.  Our subdivision is on a ridge
200' above the surrounding area.  It was once a river bed where lava flowed
down.  The lava is much more resistant to erosion than the surrounding
sedimentary rock, which has worn down over the eons.  I understand the
"fresh" lava flows over on the other side of town are still a couple
thousand years old.  However, the total lack of vegetation on it makes it
look like is much more recent.  Some of the high-dollar subdivisions are
over in that area.

Jeff