Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

"John, SW Missouri" <jmjones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1190170544.241820.33770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> In my opinion the Homevision controller is much easier to program than
> the Ocelot.  I've had both.

I agree the Homevision looks like a very nice controller.  However it does
seem to be limited to 8-bit arithmetic, which can be a limitation for some
applications.  The 8-bit PIC can be a pain to use for analytical
applications for the same reason.  Even the original 1970's 6800
microprocessor would concatenate the A&B accumulators to do 16-bit
arithmetic.  While I agree the programming can be awkward, at least the
Ocelot will do 16-bit arithmetic.

Jeff