Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

Robert Green wrote:

> Depending on how I was using them, I might want the ability to set a point
> slightly above and below each of those marks.

If you want to read temperature with a HomeVision here is the app note:

www.csi3.com/hv_temp.htm

You won't be able to read any analog signal (thermistor or otherwise)
unless you have a HomeVision Pro or the expansion board for the regular
HomeVision.

At around $3 for a LM34DZ I can't imagine why you would want to use
thermistors unless you wanted to monitor a LOT of locations.

> However, I just bought a
> number of alarm-capable thermos and hygros from Sper scientific that should
> be able to let me set alarm points right at the monitored location.

With a HomeVision you can use these type of units with the built in
digital inputs.

> Instead
> of sounding their internal buzzers, I intend to have them close a pair of
> contacts instead with that voltage instead.

A better idea is to have them light a high brightness LED that is
pointed at a 2 wire phototransistor connected to the HomeVision digital
input. Cheaper and you get electrical isolation and ease of troubleshooting.