Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

"Lewis Gardner" <lgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:46f40cc0$0$15935$d94e5ade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> At around $3 for a LM34DZ I can't imagine why you would want to use
> thermistors unless you wanted to monitor a LOT of locations.

Thermistors only need a twisted pair.  The National device is 10mV per
degree, and requires a power source.  An 8-bit A/D has 20mV resolution, so
the best you can do is 2 degrees F.  You can get better resolution over a
limited temperature range using a thermistor with proper selection of
components.  Of course, it takes some math to convert the readings to useful
numbers.

Jeff