Re: x10 Help

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If you're going to continue with the XTB, you'll need to recalibrate the
>unit to match its much higher than normal output.  I would just set it so
>that the signal at an outlet farthest away from the XTB shows a few bars.
>What you really want to know is relative, rather than absolute signal
>strength.  If it shows a few bars at the very end of a circuit, it should
>still be able to register a drop if you put a new device on the line that
>turns out to be a signal sucker.

I would not calibrate it to the XTB as you will then be unable to see
signals that, while low, are still more than adequate to trigger an X-10
receiver.

The earliest models sold here were calibrated for 10Vpp full scale which is
what most of the pre-CM11A transmitters output here. ELK now calibrates them
for 5Vpp full scale.

If we assume the frequency response is the same for 120kHz as it is for
50-60Hz, the replacement transformer will only output 1/2 the 120kHz
amplitude as compared to a 120VAC system.