Re: leviton vizia RF switches (Z-wave)

> I see that Bass still doesn't understand
> even the most basic fundamentals of
> how Z-Wave works...

This from someone who not only has never
seen anything Z-Wave, much less tested
it, but has repeatedly made inaccurate and
misleading statements about Z-Wave.

> It doesn't matter whether a device only
> needs to talk directly with a nearby node
> if the number of hops required to reach the
> distant device exceeds the max-hops limit.

That is not what I said.  Please don't further
mislead the readers of this newsgroup.
What I said is that a module at one edge of
the mesh network does not need to talk to
a module at the other edge.

> That's why Intermatic added 4 hops.

They doubled the number of hops to enable
their hardware to service even larger homes
and businesses.  Even with only 4 hops,
Z-Wave has been successfully working in
numerous, very large homes.  This, despite
repeated disinformation which Mr. Houston
has posted.

> I also wonder how how it determines which
> of many possible routes is best...

The answer to your question lies in a Z-Wave
White Paper a copy of which I have on my
desktop (comes in handy actually learning
instead of putting forth a question and then
supposing the worst possible answer).  But
I digress.