Re: Stupid home non-automation product

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:SAeJh.61569$as2.44604@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> Despite the excellent help available from ADI users, I found it hard to
>> implement something I never felt I was in "intellectual control" of.  I
>> am
>> glad to read that someone with as much programming experience as you felt
>> C-Max was a challenge.
>
> C-Max is unlike any other programming language I had ever used, and it
> took some time for me convert to the "ladder logic" mentality.

Ladder logic is a wide spread approach to industrial controllers.  Easy to
do, no Comp Sci degree required, stuff programs more or less in English.
Classic process control/manufacturing kind of thing.  Very different than
the  classic computer languages and mystifying to the structured programming
crowd or those who think MS Visual products are the standard.