Stupid home non-automation product

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7607C.94368280

I just received an e-mail from Eaton Electronics about their new "home =
awareness" equipment.  The term "home awareness" caught my eye.  It =
appears that someone feels that automation is not needed, just being =
able to check on sensors by remote control. =20

The system are a few types of sensors (entry, power use, water leak) via =
a pendant receiver that you can carry around your house or via text =
messages with a cell phone.

The only people I can see this being useful for is someone who gets =
their kicks out of being an "early adopter" of anything, no matter if it =
has a use.

The equipment is using ZigBee for internal communications but it uses a =
phone line to send the alerts to a central office for output as text =
messages to your cell phone and you have to pay for the service.

Sounds like a way to spend money on uselessness.

"As an early adopter of home awareness technology, you're among the =
first to be alerted of the arrival of Home Heartbeat by Eaton. The =
wireless home awareness system is now available at special introductory =
prices on www.HomeHeartbeat.com "

--=20
Bill Fuhrmann

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7607C.94368280

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I just received an e-mail from Eaton Electronics =
about their=20
new "home awareness" equipment.&nbsp; The term "home awareness" caught =
my=20
eye.&nbsp; It appears that someone feels that automation is not needed, =
just=20
being able to check on sensors by remote control.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The system are a few types of sensors (entry, power =
use, water=20
leak)&nbsp;via a pendant receiver that you can carry around your house =
or via=20
text messages with a cell phone.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The only people I can see this being useful for is =
someone who=20
gets their kicks out of being an "early adopter" of anything, no matter =
if it=20
has a use.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The equipment is using ZigBee for internal =
communications but=20
it uses a phone line to send the alerts to a central office for output =
as text=20
messages to your cell phone and you have to pay for the =
service.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sounds like a way to spend money on =
uselessness.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"As an early adopter of home awareness technology, =
you're=20
among the first to be alerted of the arrival of Home Heartbeat by Eaton. =
The=20
wireless home awareness system is now available at special introductory =
prices=20
on </FONT><A href=3D"www.HomeHeartbeat.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>www.HomeHeartbeat.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2> "</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-- <BR>Bill Fuhrmann<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7607C.94368280--