Re: Stupid home non-automation product

"Steve" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> C-Max is unlike any other programming language I had ever used, and it
>> took some time for me convert to the "ladder logic" mentality.
>
>Ladder logic is a wide spread approach to industrial controllers.  Easy to
>do, no Comp Sci degree required, stuff programs more or less in English.
>Classic process control/manufacturing kind of thing.  Very different than
>the  classic computer languages and mystifying to the structured programming
>crowd or those who think MS Visual products are the standard.

And it predates the BASIC language, which Kemeny and Kurtz developed in
1963. I learned ladder logic before learning Fortran and Basic. Ladder logic
was developed to be easy to learn and does not require a detailed technical
education or electronics background. Diagrams and approach can be very
similar for electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic or combination controls. I
suspect Ocelot programming is not all that difficult for non-geeks. ADI has
sold several thousand of them.

http://davehouston.net