Re: Stupid home non-automation product

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2_XIh.138275

<stuff snipped>

> After writing programs since FORTRAN and hand-assembled machine code
> (including counting in both directions in hexadecimal), I did find C-max
> somewhat challenging at first because of its structure.  However, simple
> time-based functions are easy in C-Max.  The documentation provides good
> examples, and the ADI users group is extremely helpful for people who run
> into problems.

Despite the excellent help available from ADI users, I found it hard to
implement something I never felt I was in "intellectual control" of.  I am
glad to read that someone with as much programming experience as you felt
C-Max was a challenge.  I know it works very well and reliably for those
willing to master it, but I'm hoping the IR232 is going to make learning
C-Max academic for me.

There were a couple of technical blips as well as C-Max, the most limiting
being the IR recognition issues I ran into.  I solved them, with help from
the ADI group by using 1 second long button presses, but that turned out to
increase the time lag from recognition to action a little too long to really
be acceptable.

On a completely unrelated note, the XTB's seem to have solved the endless
dim problems I've had with my TM-751's.  At least I haven't experienced a
lockup from the endless dim syndrome since connecting the units to the
XTB's.  That's significant because I've been doing a lot more dimming than I
ever have before.

--
Bobby G.