Re: Stupid home non-automation product

>>> am
>>> glad to read that someone with as much programming experience as you
>>> felt
>>> C-Max was a challenge.

>> C-Max is unlike any other programming language I had ever used, and it
>> took some time for me convert to the "ladder logic" mentality.

> Ladder logic is a wide spread approach to industrial controllers.  Easy to
> do, no Comp Sci degree required, stuff programs more or less in English.
> Classic process control/manufacturing kind of thing.  Very different than
> the  classic computer languages and mystifying to the structured
> programming crowd or those who think MS Visual products are the standard.

I don't know how much ladder logic is out there anymore but I did quite a
bit of coding in it for a while.

It really does require a shift in the thought process from working in other
languages.

For those of you who have not had the chance to work with it, ladder logic
was designed to have a similar feel to the ladder diagrams of hardwired
relay logic.
In it's simpler implementations, you just have inputs, outputs, relays, and
timers.
A snapshot is taken at the beginning of a cycle, the entire program is
executed, and all the outputs are updated to finish the cycle.

--
Bill Fuhrmann