Re: reterive status of x10 devices using c#

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>please suggest a simple extended message that i can use for x10
>devices
>thanks for giving info about anand

I do not use Smarthome's device manager software so I cannot help with
formatting the extended message. The user manual for the Powerlinc Model
1132B lists ASCII commands for all codes but I have no idea whether the same
codes will work with the Powerlinc V2.

You need to be aware that only a very few X-10 made modules use extended
codes (LM14A & AM14A) along with some Leviton switches (maybe, I don't keep
up with these details). So far, none of the modules you have mentioned can
use extended codes,

This is why I keep mentioning the Smarthome made Lanplincs and Switchlinc
modules. I think all current models respond to a Status Query with a preset
dim code indicating the actual level. They also transmit anytime there is a
change of state (e.g. bulb burns out, lamp is switched off) so your software
can keep an up-to-date state table for all devices.

If you are just getting started, now is the time to learn these details so
you do not accumulate modules that have limited utility.

Another potential advantage of the *linc products is that they can do X-10
or Insteon or both although I'm not sure how the Insteon mode will work on
50Hz - I suspect they cannot adapt to anything other than the 60Hz for which
they are designed.