Re: reterive status of x10 devices using c#

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:50:41 -0700, arnie wrote:

> Thanks for the reply
> It is an X10 pro lamp module with model LM465.A lamp is connected to
> it. I am sending commands through powerlinc v2 controller [USB] via
> the smarthome device manager. I have also seen the back side of lamp
> module where it is not mentioned that it is two way or not, how can i
> know whether it is 2-way or not.
> Tell me one more thing if an x10 pro is two way what event it will
> fire when queried for status request. Though supply frequency
> mentioned on it is 60Hz but i am using 50Hz
> The ON/Off commands are working for this lamp module
> Thanks once again

The LM465 is only a receiver - there's no provision for it
to transmit its status.

The X10 LM14A (X10Pro PLM21) will respond with a Status_On or
Status_Off signal when it receives a Status_Request.  It will
also respond with an Extended_Status_Ack when it receives an
Extended_Status_Request.  The data byte in the Extended_Status_Ack
indicates the brightness level (0-62) and whether the bulb is
functional.  See http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/xtdcode.pdf

Two-way lamp modules from Smarthome generally respond to a Status
Request with the brightness level (1-32) encoded in an X10 Preset
command (functions 0x0A or 0x0B) or Off.

(Both the X10 and Smarthome two-way status responses require some
minor bit-twiddling to extract the brightness levels.)