Re: X-10 RF meter (was Re: XTB II Review)

> I don't recall questioning any such statement. I usually quote any
> statements that I'm commenting on or disagreeing with.

I may have misunderstood this:

"I see they have recently started silk-screening "RSSI", on the
module itself, for the "linear" output but this is misleading as it requires
further processing to use it as RSSI."

I just wanted to point out that there are inexpensive receivers that do have
a true analog RSSI output suitable for direct A/D, or to measure by a meter.

> Aside from any effects due to AGC, how is the amplitude of a pulse
> correlated with the data pattern?

Not having done this myself, it would seem to depend on the data rate and
how fast you can sample.  Something like this would normally be secondary to
the data itself.

Jeff