Re: FS: (18) LCD1901HD 19" HD LCD MONITORS, NEW IN BOX

> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >At Christmas time, a $100 HDTV set would bring in an enormous number of
new
> >customers to a place like Sprawl-Mart so even if it's a loss-leader
priced
> >below cost, it will pay off in new customers and the other purchases they
> >are likely to make queuing up for a $100 LCD HDTV.
>
> But nearly everybody will need a new TV given the change to digital. May
as
> well make it HDTV if the price is right.

I think you'll be surprised by how many people opt for STB's, especially if
Uncle Sam pays for them.  I am watching HDTV via a Panasonic DMR-EZ17 DVD
recorder with a digital tuner. With 500 lines of resolution in the LP mode I
get pretty clean looking TV on my old 20" Magnavox with composite inputs. It
looks even better when I use my PC's DVD player and 21" monitor.  I find
HDTV too sharp and distracting for my tastes.  Too many motion issues, too
many video/audio sync issues and too many closeups of nose hair, bad teeth
and bad makeup jobs.  (-:

--
Bobby G.