Re: FS: (18) LCD1901HD 19" HD LCD MONITORS, NEW IN BOX

Frank Olson <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>BruceR wrote:
>>  Frank Olson wrote:

>>> True...  and we're not set up to take "online" orders anyway.  As with
>>> everything else in life, you have to "shop around" for the best deal.
>>> I was merely pointing out that Robert's pricing leaves a lot to be
>>> desired and buying the most expensive monitor isn't going to matter
>>> all that much (except to your wallet).  Heck...  these days you can't
>>> even compare "apples" anymore.  Theres a distinctive difference in
>>> flavor between "galas" and "MacIntosh"...  :-)
>>
>> And still, you won't tell us the model number of the Acer HD monitor
>> that you quoted! Not only don't you tell us how to order from you or
>> what firm you represent you refuse to even tell us the specific product
>> number and now say you won't sell to us anyway! I'm sorry Frank, but
>> whether Robert's prices are high or not he at least offers full
>> disclosure about what he's offering and has credibility... something you
>> won't allow yourself to have.
>>

>I'm sorry Bruce.  But to quote the great "Alarminex"...  Posting
>information like that will only help "you know who".  If you want that
>info, you can email me.  At least you know I'll answer.  You are correct
>in that I don't sell online.

A lot depends on whether you are looking for a PC monitor or HDTV.

Widescreen 19" LCD PC monitors from well known manufacturers are less than
$200 (US) from reputable dealers like buy.com, BestBuy, etc.

While I doubt that many people would be interested in such a small screen
for HDTV, the ToteVision LCD-1901HD ($1169 list) supports NTSC/PAL although
it doesn't appear to include a tuner. On the ToteVision web page there are
huge discrepancies between the "Specifications" and "User Manual" so it's
impossible to determine the real capabilities and tell fish from foul but
19-22" 1080p HDTVs with built-in tuner and PC inputs from well known
manufacturers and reputable dealers sell for about half of the quoted
"discounted" price.

Plus - a story in today's NYT recommends waiting til January when dealers
will be dumping excess inventory.