Re: Mini-ITX PC's a the future of HA (was Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems)

> [Homeseer] know[s] the future of HA does not lie
> in the Elks, the Omnis and the Ocelots of this world.
> They recently chose the mini-ITX as the *only*
> hardware platform that they sell....

HomeSeer is a nice app.  I happen to like it and I happen to respect the
company though I don't happen to carry the line.  However, I'd hesitate to
say that they *KNOW* the future of the HA market.  Like the rest of us, they
are making their best guess as to what will sell and what will be supported.
They might be right, but no one really knows for sure.

I've no particular leaning either as to your discussion with Marc other than
my own personal opinion that dedicated control panels have an advantage over
PC-centric systems when security is part of the HA project.  From my
background in the security industry I tend to prefer something which will
run the alarm (especially if there's life safety involved) even if the PC or
the rest of the HA system goes on the fritz.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics