HomeSeer Pro-100 is not a mini-ITX ;-) Re: Mini-ITX PC's a the future of HA (was Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:59:52 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<XPOdnUYmqbRM2RfZnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>However, I do agree with their choice of a Mini-ITX as perhaps the
>perfect home automation controller, which supports my contention that PC
>based HA specifically in the mini-ITX format, will eventually outperform
>hardwired panels.  Even Homeseer agrees.   Get it?  :-)

No, I don't. Nor apparently does HomeSeer.

Turns out that the Pro-100 controller sold by HomeSeer is a
*not* the 170mmx 170mm mini-ITX form factor with which Bobby is so
infatuated.

It is a 200 x 150mm motherboard  made by LEX COMPUTECH CO aka Lex System

http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/product/MV823A.htm

who also manufactures of the PRO-100 case
http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/product/spec/NEO.doc

It is (also) a hoot to read Lex System's banner on their web site:

"Next Generation Embedded System
The Future Is Available Now! "

about their "non-mini-ITX" form-factor board that incorporates the
oldie-but-goodie PC-104 expansion bus.

We expect such rah-rah advocacy from manufacturers, but in my opinion,
comp.home.automation readers are best served by posts from participants that
maintain a semblance of objectivity and adherence to the facts.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org