Mini-ITX PC's a the future of HA (was Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems)

"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> >However, I do agree with their choice of a Mini-ITX as perhaps the
perfect
> >home automation controller, which supports my contention that PC based
HA,
> >specifically in the mini-ITX format, will eventually outperform hardwired
> >panels.  Even Homeseer agrees.   Get it?  :-)
>
> Not in the Either-OR way that you, as "rah rah" advocate fer sumthin or
> 'nother,  imply.

You didn't get either "it" did you?  :-(

How you read my words "eventually outperform" and interpret them as
"either/or rah, rah my way only" advocacy is a mystery to me, Marc.

> HomeSeer (and Charmed Quark, and others) _also_ support Elk M1G (and Omni
> and others). So no. So Homeseer does not 'agree' with you.

If HomeSeer agreed with the "hardwired panel-centric" view of the universe,
they would have chosen a proprietary hardwired CPU panel when they recently
began selling their own HA controller hardware.

They didn't.

They know the future of HA does not lie in the Elks, the Omnis and the
Ocelots of this world.  They recently chose the mini-ITX as the *only*
hardware platform that they sell.  How you can construe that action by
HomeSeer as not agreeing with my view of the mini-ITX as the controller of
the future for HA is a total mystery to me.  Really.

Yes, HomeSeer does support legacy panels but when it came time for them to
sell their OWN home automation hardware, they chose the mini-ITX.  Yet from
this action of theirs, you get "So, HomeSeer does not 'agree' with you"?

If they believed proprietary panels were the way to go, they would have
built their own.  They've supported enough other hardwired panels to know
all their strengths and weaknesses.  They could have built a bang-up uber
panel *if* they chose to.  They didn't.  They chose what I chose, the
mini-TX PC as my basic HA controller.

--
Bobby G.