Re: discussion groups?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[much sith clipped]

>One interesting clue is that it NEVER happens to me alone in the house.  I
>suspect we're activating motion sensors or sending commands at nearly the
>same time and something's getting locked in a broadcast storm, for reasons
>unknown.  I have been unable to simulate the behavior, either.  In
>explaining this I've decided to try one more test.  I will take an UR24A and
>an EagleEye on the two different housecodes I use and sit with them together
>and press buttons simultaneously.

Apparently, there are several generations of Robodog. The latest responds to
PLC commands as well as to RF codes. It's certainly possible that, if you
have the latest whelp, it has collision avoidance and automatic retransmit
(a la the RR501). That, along with a certain Leviton repeater can create
chaos (although the Leviton and Worthington spokespersons who were burned at
the stake here swear it's all X-10' fault).