Re: discussion groups?

I think it has fragmented. There are several forums on manufacturer or
dealer web pages (e.g. X-10, Smarthome, ADI, HAI, Worthington) as well as
other web forums, some advertising supported, some ad free (e.g. AccessHA,
CocoonTech). I've found most of those (aside from Smarthome's Insteon forum)
to have an enormous amount of noise. And there is a great deal of press
release flackery in the latter groups. Even with the reduced volume I think
this remains the best place to get knowlegdeable answers about a variety of
HA topics.