mad dogs WAS: discussion groups?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> I'm really not familiar with the little doggie's features. Can you
>> describe the symptoms?
>
>The problems seem very much like the endless DIM syndrome.  The "dog" fills
>the powerline with signals that the ESM1 says are noise and the Monterey
>classifies as (cringe) BSC's.  When it's happened, it's almost always
>involved a TM751 - but oddly enough not one set to the dog's housecode.  It
>happened long before the XTB arrived, FWIW.

With "endless dims" you will see valid Dim signals on the line. When the
ESM1 reports "noise" and the Monterey fantasizes about bad start codes, the
cause is usually PLC collisions or signals being corrupted by an
ill-mannered repeater.

The TM751 has no way to determine what, if anything, is on the powerline so,
if you have a mix of transceivers receiving the same RF, it can step on a
transmission from other transmitters. If the transceivers are on different
phases, certain housecodes will collide but this is usually a short-lived
storm as the TM751 only transmits once. Any transceivers that automatically
retransmit will use pseudo-random delays which should allow all of them to
transmit in sequence. But, if there's also a Leviton HCA02-10E in the mix,
chaos may ensue.