Re: discussion groups?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> this remains the best place to get knowlegdeable answers about a variety
>of
>> HA topics.
>
>Except for spelling.  (-;

That's just a misfire between brain and fingers. I have to type with one
hand (with fingers that have less than normal sensation) but still touchtype
after a fashion so sometimes siht happesn. I've noticed more and more
misfires and elisions, of late.

>Sorry, I couldn't resist - it's a perfect setup.
>
>I am having some lockups with my Robodog.  I thought they contained either a
>TM751 or an RR501 and showed that pedigree in the FCC sticker.  But I looked
>at the problem child and it's labelled B4SREX-10.  Do you think it's a whole
>new device or a reworking of one of the earlier two - or perhaps the newer
>transceivers whose number escapes me at the moment.

The RF transmitter section of almost all X-10 RF devices is the same. I've
seen a bit more variation in the receiver circuits but suspect most are
still superregenerative designs which can be done with a minimum of
components. However, with the CM15A, they went to third part daughter boards
for both.

I'm really not familiar with the little doggie's features. Can you describe
the symptoms?