Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems

<stuff snipped>

> The simplest way to speed things up is to have the RR501 turn on the light
> and have Mr. House merely log the activity.

I agree.  I suspect that Larry's put all his motion detectors on an unused
housecode.  Lots of people do it that way but it induces delays in getting
from detected motion to turned on light.

I've found that the only way that X-10's MDs are acceptable is to have them
directly control the load.

Is there any difference in which unit gets a command on the line more
quickly?  Or do the TM751 and the RR501 activate the light directly at
pretty much the same instant?

If you mix RR501's and TM751's together, will the RR501's always fire last
because of the collision avoidance feature?  That seems to be the case when
I operate both side by side on a power strip and if that's true, I can use
that behavior to figure out whether there's a TM or an RR type transceiver
buried in the Robodog without having to open it up and risk killing it.  Is
there anything a DIY'er can do with some eunuch TM751's that didn't survive
their antenna enhancement experiments?

I'm about to switch over my X-10 topology from a collection of TM751's to
your BX-AHT with a centrally located antenna and an XTB turbobooster.  It
wasn't practical for me to use the BX-AHT before this because of all the PLC
issues in my house.  The signal just wouldn't reach everywhere from the
TW523.

Are there any X-10 motion detectors that put detected motion directly on the
powerline other than the floodlight module?  Naturally they'd be powered by
line voltage.  I'm tired of chasing batteries.

--
Bobby G.