Re: mad dogs WAS: discussion groups?

news:4486cf8c.124398468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> >> I'm really not familiar with the little doggie's features. Can you
> >> describe the symptoms?
> >
> >The problems seem very much like the endless DIM syndrome.  The "dog"
fills
> >the powerline with signals that the ESM1 says are noise and the Monterey
> >classifies as (cringe) BSC's.  When it's happened, it's almost always
> >involved a TM751 - but oddly enough not one set to the dog's housecode.
It
> >happened long before the XTB arrived, FWIW.
>
> With "endless dims" you will see valid Dim signals on the line. When the
> ESM1 reports "noise" and the Monterey fantasizes about bad start codes,
the
> cause is usually PLC collisions or signals being corrupted by an
> ill-mannered repeater.

There has to be some sort of "stuck on" state going on here.  For me to
thoroughly analyze it, it's going to have to happen when my wife's on the
way out the door so I can leave it in the 'stuck' state for long enough to
do some analysis.  I'm just afraid that will involve looking at the
Monterey's output, cycle by cycle.  Ugh!

> The TM751 has no way to determine what, if anything, is on the powerline
so,
> if you have a mix of transceivers receiving the same RF, it can step on a
> transmission from other transmitters. If the transceivers are on different
> phases, certain housecodes will collide but this is usually a short-lived
> storm as the TM751 only transmits once. Any transceivers that
automatically
> retransmit will use pseudo-random delays which should allow all of them to
> transmit in sequence.

> But, if there's also a Leviton HCA02-10E in the mix, chaos may
> ensue.

There used to be one in the mix, and it bore the blame for this.  What it
might have been doing is simply repeating the garbage that Robomutt was
spewing onto the powerline.  There's no repeater.  Not even any Boosterlincs
anymore.  There's just a state where doggie "barks" on the PLC in gibberish
until he's reset.  I paid an electrician friend to install the HCA02 then
again to UNinstall it about a week later after living with some fairly
constant issues.  Maybe it was innocent when it was burned at the stake!

--
Bobby G.