Re: mad dogs WAS: discussion groups?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>There has to be some sort of "stuck on" state going on here.  For me to
>thoroughly analyze it, it's going to have to happen when my wife's on the
>way out the door so I can leave it in the 'stuck' state for long enough to
>do some analysis.  I'm just afraid that will involve looking at the
>Monterey's output, cycle by cycle.  Ugh!

I don't think there's anything to learn by looking at the Monterey output.
If it is an endless dim event, you'll see a series of valid Dim signals. If
it is an ongoing series of collisions, you'll see garbage and will not be
able to draw any conclusions about the sources.

There is one other possible culprit. Unless something changed since I was
helping Dan Boone sort out ADI's X-10 approach, the CPU-XA/Ocelot/Leopard,
when a collision is detected, will automatically retransmit without limit. I
wasn't able to convince Dan to limit this to some reasonable number of
retries. This can be complicated by the fact that the TW523 power supply is
inadequate and can corrupt the signals. (ACT also retransmits forever.)