Re: X10 Code Translator

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Conditional macros were included in the CM14A that I beta tested back in
> '98.  (I didn't realize it was that long ago!)

Scary, isn't it, how time flies?

> The CM14A was very similar to the present CM15A except that
> it had a serial interface like the CM11A. X10 dropped
> development of the CM14A, but I used the beta unit for almost 5
> years.  I switched to the Ocelot because there was no replacement
available
> for the CM14A should it ever fail.  But the CM14A conditional macro
> capability did everything I needed back then.  I since added temperature
> monitoring and ventilation control with the Ocelot, so I've grown past the
> CM15A capabilities for now.
>
> The smart macro upgrade is cheaper on eBay than through X10 unless you
luck
> upon a combo deal that throws it in for free.

Agreed.  But X-10's reputation for quality software makes a money-back
guarantee an attractive proposition.   Besides, I don't own a CM15A so I'll
need that as well as the SW.

What will really cinch the deal is if I can emulate the "invert selection"
function in Windows.  I'd like to be able to press a quick series of
keystrokes that allows me to turn off all units EXCEPT one or two.  Thus:

[01] + [05] + [Invert] + [ON] would turn OFF all units on that housecode
except for 1 and 5.   I'm betting even the Ocelot and CMax would have a hard
time with that.  Still, it's something I've wanted to be able to do for a
long time.  If I sit down in my office, I want to turn out all the lights in
the house EXCEPT the ones in the office on that unit code.  I am sure a lot
of Maxi and X-10 remote users hit ALL OFF and the ON code for the room they
are in.  Why cycle the darn lights twice, though?

Thanks for the tips about Smart macros.  I will definitely look into them.

--
Bobby G.