Re: X10 Code Translator

Hi Bobby,

The modified RR501 would have translated one set of "remote" house/unit
codes to other codes:

K1 ON -> A4 ON
K2 ON -> B7 ON
K3 ON -> B8 ON
K4 ON -> C1 ON
K5 ON -> D5 ON
K6 ON -> F6, G9, L5 ON

We also talked about a two key sequence accessing another set of commands:

K9 ON K1 ON -> A7 ON

In the CM15A, the K9 ON would trigger an internal macro setting an unused
house/unit code XX ON for a short interval.  Then using a smart macro (I
believe you have to buy the upgrade), you can use K1 ON AND XX ON -> A7 ON.

The XX code would turn off automatically after the interval.  It could also
be added to the smart macro to automatically cancel after it is actuated.

I think the CM15A can do everything we had discussed.

Jeff

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I had been working on PIC replacement for the RR501 to incorporate that
> > capability, but it occurred to me that it already exists in the CM15A
>
> Are you talking about their "RF Macros"  they talk about here:
>
> http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setting_The_CM15A_to_send_RF_Commands
>
> How would that work to allow an X-10 remote to control all 16 housecodes
> without reprogramming the base housecode of the remote?  My thought was
that
> I would reserve unit code 16 on the base housecode to trigger a temporary
> housecode shift.  When A16 and only A16 ON is received, the macro should
> parse the following button presses accordingly:
>
> thus [16] + [ON] + [06] + [10] + [ON] would turn on device F10.
>
> The [16] + [ON]  acts as an escape code to indicate metadata follows.
>
> The [06] of the sample sequence (which I'll call the "select temp
housecode"
> segment) equals temporary housecode F
>
> The [10] + [ON] part of the sequence equals the unit code of temporary
> housecode to be commanded and [ON] of course, activates the "non-base
> housecode" unit.
>
> There has to be some way of exiting the escape mode.  I believe Dan's
design
> used a timer to revert to the normal operation mode within a very short
> time.  A16 OFF wouldn't work because the unit's in the "escape" mode and
it
> would activate the new housecode.
>
> I haven't thought about how to program it other than some sort of CASE
> construct where:
>
> CASE SelectTempHousecode = '01'
>   Transmit Housecode "A"
> . . .
>
> I don't even need a full 16 housecode CASE statement because I really only
> use 4 housecodes.
>
> Even if the CM15A can't do what I want, interestingly enough the
ControlLinc