Re: X10 Code Translator

> I had been working on PIC replacement for the RR501 to incorporate that
> capability, but it occurred to me that it already exists in the CM15A

Are you talking about their "RF Macros"  they talk about here:

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setting_The_CM15A_to_send_RF_Commands

How would that work to allow an X-10 remote to control all 16 housecodes
without reprogramming the base housecode of the remote?  My thought was that
I would reserve unit code 16 on the base housecode to trigger a temporary
housecode shift.  When A16 and only A16 ON is received, the macro should
parse the following button presses accordingly:

thus [16] + [ON] + [06] + [10] + [ON] would turn on device F10.

The [16] + [ON]  acts as an escape code to indicate metadata follows.

The [06] of the sample sequence (which I'll call the "select temp housecode"
segment) equals temporary housecode F

The [10] + [ON] part of the sequence equals the unit code of temporary
housecode to be commanded and [ON] of course, activates the "non-base
housecode" unit.

There has to be some way of exiting the escape mode.  I believe Dan's design
used a timer to revert to the normal operation mode within a very short
time.  A16 OFF wouldn't work because the unit's in the "escape" mode and it
would activate the new housecode.

I haven't thought about how to program it other than some sort of CASE
construct where:

CASE SelectTempHousecode = '01'
  Transmit Housecode "A"
. . .

I don't even need a full 16 housecode CASE statement because I really only
use 4 housecodes.

Even if the CM15A can't do what I want, interestingly enough the ControlLinc
Maxi's (why does that sound like a feminine hygiene product?) multiple
housecode "ALL OFF" macro buttons have reduced a lot my the need for an "All
Housecode Remote" to go along with X-10's All Housecode receiver.  It still
would be nice to have and if you know how to do it with the CM15A, I'm all
ears (and thumbs and left feet, I'm afraid.)

--
Bobby G.  - Having a deja vu