Re: Batch sent X10 command

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:24:38 -0400, "Anthony R. Gold"
<not-for-mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<og17b25bl35oklafq15u4v7mipq7sddc2k@xxxxxxx>:

>Can someone point me to as simple as possible a program controlled method
>of causing a CM11/12 etc type serial port controller (it's actually an ACT
>TI103 so it has no local memory or local macro capability) to send X10
>commands from a Windows XP computer.
>
>My DSL line periodically drops in a mode which requires the modem to be
>power cycled to reconnect.  To made this automatic I want to use DynDNS
>Updater's feature of "run a program when public address can not be found"
>to trigger some Windows program which will send a power OFF and 5 seconds
>later a power ON to an appliance module ahead of the modem.  Right now I
>can perform this manually via a phone call and touch tone commands to an
>X10 telephone responder http://www.smarthome.com/5000.html, but automation
>of this process would be a great help in keeping my home servers and
>webcams on line when I am away from home.
>
>Any thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Tony

Here is a zero-cost(except for time expended) solution native to XP and
TI!03. Talking to a TI103 is different than to a CM11/12. This is for a
TI103 (a better interface).

Assuming that your ACT T103 is connected to com1 and its DIP switches set
for 192000,n,8,1 (if not, change as needed).

1) OPEN notepad.exe
2) Enter (type):

	@echo off
	mode com1: baud=19200 parity=n data=8 stop=1
	copy /A X10_OFF.txt com1:
	PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000 >NUL
	copy /A X10_ON.txt com1:

3) SAVE the file as X10toCom1.bat

You may need to fiddle with the 5000 value in the PING command to achieve a
five-second delay. This line in the batch file pings the non-existent IP
address 1.1.1.1  to create a nominal 5000 millisecond delay. In pre-W2K we
could have used the choice.com command, but ABIK, that's gone in WXP, hence
the workaround using PING.

4) Go to http://www.act-solutions.com/PCCSpecFrame.htm and download the test
software for the ACT TI103 ( compressed in TI103-SW.zip)

5) Unzip, install, and run to generate the ASCII commands  that you need to
include in next two files ( X10_OFF.txt and X10_ON.txt). This program
generates the necessary check sums and provides a test-bed for communicating
with X-10 devices through the TI103. See also
http://www.act-solutions.com/pdfs/PCCSpecs/A10mod2_spec.pdf

6) Create two files using notepad.exe named  X10_OFF.txt and X10_ON.txt

X10_OFF.txt should contain the OFF command for your appliance module which
will look something like this depending on the module address and resulting
checksum::

	$>28002A01AOFF1C#

X10_ON.txt should contain the ON command for the module which will look
something like:

	$>28002A01AONDE#

7) Put all three files in C:\

8) Have DynDNS Updater run the file c:\X10toCOM1.bat

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org