Re: Home Domination

Sorry, I don't spend enough time on this news group it looks like!  I
got a lot more replies to this than I expected!

Brian, thanks for the compliment!  It's the same old web site, but
there's a different home page (I agree, it's better) and I added some
information.  I've still got more to do, but I guess you have to do
what you can when you can.

Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "serial attached 1-WIRE devices".
Are you talking about a specific type of 1-Wire device?  It would be
fairly easy to add support for additional types of 1-Wire devices, so
if you could let me know specifically what device and how you would
like to use it, I would consider adding support for it.  If you mean
you want to attach multiple 1-Wire temperatures sensors serially to a
single wire, Home Domination does support this now.  So you can string
a single wire all over your house and attach temperature sensors
wherever you want.

Bobby G, I'm based in Eau Claire, WI.  I'm aware of the connotation,
but thought it was an amusing twist.  Goofy humor, I know.  Hopefully
nobody is offended.  Surprisingly, one of my first customers was a
Catholic priest, so I guess it didn't bother him anyway.

Also, I understand your concern for security, but Home Domination is
safe to download, is not spyware, and is a program I've worked very
hard on for 3 years and I have used it in my home for nearly the entire
time.  It's very reliable and has a great deal of power.  It's
definitely worth checking out.  As far as being a one-man operation, my
costs are low, I use Home Domination myself, and I won't stop
developing or go belly up even if all my sales dry up.  I've spent the
last month automating some things with my business so I can support
higher volumes of sales with less of my time, so I haven't developed
much new lately, but I'll be adding new features soon and I'll have
more time available for it due to my automation efforts.

Sorry so many messages have flown by without a response, but I have
another full time job and I work late on Home Domination every other
night until about 3:00 A.M.  I try to get some sleep in-between.  I do
answer support emails frequently throughout the day, every day, even on
most weekends and holidays (although less frequently then).

Thanks again for all your responses!  Please check out the website
(www.homedomination.com) and give the demo a try if you're interested.

Harry Strand
StrandControl, LLC
www.homedomination.com