Re: Home Domination

RG>>I'm not sure what country you're in, Harry, but in the US the word
RG>>"domination" tends to be associated with things other than home
automation.
RG>>You might want to consider a different name.

DH> http://www.homedomination.com/about_us.html

I'm sorry, Dave, but with the recent rash of exploits using specially
crafted websites, I don't click on ANYTHING unless I've got a pressing need
for the information.  I also have to have some idea from the URL's location
who and what it's all about.  I'm not really in the market for any new HA
programs.  My plate overflows already with things I should be reading.  When
I looked at the posting it had a G-mail return address.  No warm and fuzzy
feeling there.  The name "domination" didn't provide any warm and fuzzies,
either.

I don't believe that anyone clicks away on websites and downloads and runs
demo programs like they used to when the web was first new.  That's because
nearly everyone's been scammed by scumware, had their browser hijacked or
been molested in some other way by rogue software.

Most people have learned the hard way that there's a risk involved with any
software package they load.  They also know that uninstallers often leave
trash behind and pulling a programming *completely* off a machine is a lot
harder than installing it, particularly if it's adware or scumware.

Maybe if Harry had really piqued my interest somehow, I might have looked
but then again, why?  To me this is "Yet Another Home Automation Program
Assembled by a Lone Practitioner."

It's a little ironic because it's your having to withdraw support for
Commander-X and your multiple housecode transceiver and even your web pages
has taught me to be wary of the lone practitioner.   I know it wasn't your
intention to withdraw - and my comments are not meant to be pejorative -
it's clear that you got sick and had to prioritize.  Your situation
illustrates the risks of any "key man" endeavor.

That said, I am very happy to see you collaborate with Jeff Volp.  I have
high hopes for the outcome because many of the greatest advances in science
come from collaborative efforts.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?keyword=collaboration&topic=all&dates=19
95&dates=2005&sort=relevance

[Click at your own peril!]

:-)

Now, back to the Adicon site to try to find out exactly *what* is behind
John W's false air handler panel!!!!

--
Bobby G.