Re: Home Domination

"Harry" <harrystrand@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1137391032.953423.326330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I hate marketing, but I need to get off my butt and do some again.  So
> please check out www.homedomination.com.

I'm not sure what country you're in, Harry, but in the US the word
"domination" tends to be associated with things other than home automation.
You might want to consider a different name.

There's a persistent legend that even Coca-Cola had to change their name in
China, where it meant "bite the wax tadpole"

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tadpole.asp

A similar tale arose of why GM renamed the Chevy Nova in Spanish-speaking
markets where the name translates to: "No go!"

Apocryphal, or not, I would do a test survey asking a sample of Americans
what they thought a program called "homedomination" was likely to do.

Just a thought.

--
Bobby G.