Re: Thermostat suggestions for radiant + HVAC + multiple zones

The forced air HVAC contractor is not sophisticated. He doesn't know
what zones are, much less automation or radiant heating (I asked,
"What's the work needed to set up 2 zones using some dampeners?"  His
response, "What's a zone and what's a dampener?").

The radiant heating installers prefer a single stage at each location.
They are willing to install for 2 stage, but only if I insist. They
pointed out various web sites for thermostat manufacturers (aprilaire,
tekmar, and luxpro) and that was all I got.

I notice that Tekmar specializes in hydronic/radiant heating controls.
Anyone have any experience with their controls in radiant heating
applications? They claim a thermostat controlling a hybrid system
should support pulse width modulation.

Kurt: I didn't mean to sound overly negative about the HAI appearance.
Just not quite as clean looking to my eyes as, say, the RCS line.