Re: X10 General Question

Wiki calls it pretty close to the way I remember it:

"Formerly a national chain, the remaining Lafayette stores in the state of
New York closed by the end of 1979.

Some local Lafayette stores remained open until 1981. For example, the Long
Branch, New Jersey store finally closed in the Fall of 1981. Unsold
inventory was literally shovelled into dumpsters overnight to vacate the
store."

--
Bobby G.