Re: X10 General Question

"Bin Daire Dunnat" <Someone@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Do I at least get an "A" for effort?  Willingness to help?  hehehe!

Sorry.  You get only a C for effort because your instructions were
incorrect:

    Now if I want to set it to the B code, press and hold the
    HOUSE/ON code until you get a blink.  One blink means
    it is set to "A".  Once you see the blink, press the HOUSE/ON
    button twice and hold on the 2nd press, until you get 3 blinks back.
    Your house code is set.

You won't get three blinks back from setting the unit to housecode B, you'll
only get two.  So, you lose one letter grade for not nailing down the
correct answer and another letter grade for the incorrect answer being wrong
in the details.

You also got these details wrong:

    For the motion detector - assuming it's a Hawkeye, keep in mind
    that the motion sensor will send out two codes, one for motion
    and the other for the actual code you want to use.  So if you wish
    the motion detector to turn on a lamp B4.   Then when motion is
    sensed, both B4 and B5 will get an "On" signal!  So careful

Both units will NOT turn on as you describe.  The +1 code would turn on B5
at dusk and off again at dawn.  In fact, it's likely that if the two units
see each other, if B5 was on and you turned on B4, B5 would do the exact
opposite of what you've written.  It would think dawn had arrived and thus
get an OFF signal from the Hawkeye that's set to B4.  Still think you should
get a "A"? :-)

Aside from those two errors, there's even the more egregious posting
off-topic political stuff into a technically-oriented newsgroup.   That
earns you an F in netiquette.  Your GPA is now 1.0.  Don't plan on attending
any Ivy League colleges.  :-)

You *have* raised your grade a bit by apologizing to the group for sowing
the
seeds of an off-topic flame war.  Now you can raise it a bit more by moving
the
religio-socio-political stuff to where it belongs if you really must indulge
yourself.  I've suggested:  news:alt.outer-polk.salad.annie  I'll be happy
to join you there and debate why religion is the greatest fomenter of hatred
that mankind has ever seen.

> Tag Line: Politically Correct: Means Always Having To Say You're Sorry.

Well, not always, but certainly on occasion.
--
Bobby G.