Re: X10 General Question

On 26 Jan 2006 11:36:27 -0800, "Mike C" <michaeljc70@xxxxxxxxxxx> used
recycled pixels to say:

>Okay. Thanks. I am having trouble setting the code on the Rocket Socket
>though (it doesn't have a dial). It says:
>
>Plug the lamp (with the socket rocket installed) into the same outlet
>as the transceiver.  Does this mean plug it into the outlet ON the
>transceiver or in the same electrical box as the transceiver?
>
>It then says to (within 30 seconds) press the ON button 3 times, about
>1 second intervals. There is a comment that each press corresponds to
>the unit code.  So for code 3, do I press 9 times (pausing after each 3
>presses)?   It says it will turn the lamp on to confirm, but isn't
>doing that and it isn't turning on via motion detected (and I verifeid
>that is set to code 3). Everything is set to the same house code.
>
>.

*SOCKET ROCKET:*
Remove the socket rocket from the lamp for a few minutes and return it
back to the lamp.

Turn the lamp on and then press the button on the controller that you
wish to have control that socket rocket.

So if I wanted it to respond to B5, then I would turn on the lamp and
press B5 on my controller 3 times or until the light turns on.

Once it on, turn it off via the controller to confirm that it is set
and responding to B5 correctly.  Hope this helps?

*MOTION DETECTOR*
For the motion detector - assuming it's a Hawkeye, keep in mind that
the motion sensor will send out two codes, one for motion and the
other for the actual code you want to use.  So if you wish the motion
detector to turn on a lamp B4.   Then when motion is sensed, both B4
and B5 will get an "On" signal!  So careful!

*PROGRAMMING THE MOTION DETECTOR* (pain SOMEtimes...)
Now programming the Hawkeye, remove the batteries to reset and then
reinstall the batteries.

Now if I want to set it to the B code, press and hold the HOUSE/ON
code until you get a blink.  One blink means it is set to "A".  Once
you see the blink, press the HOUSE/ON button twice and hold on the 2nd
press, until you get 3 blinks back.  Your house code is set.

For the Unit #.  Say you want to set it to 3, press and hold the
UNIT/OFF button until you get a blink back.   Press the UNIT/OFF
button 3 times and hold it on the 3rd time until the unit flashes back
to you 3 times. Let go.

Test it out. Once you understand how to program the Hawkeye (assuming
that's what it is, then you can get fancy with the Motion for day and
off times on the Hawkeye.... it's getting to understand how to program
the sucker that is the most difficult to understand.  Timex Watches
are simpler!!!
Good luck!  ;)

Tag Line: Politically Correct: Means Always Having To Say You're Sorry.