Re: X10 General Question

"Bin Daire Dunnat" <Someone@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Oh well!  It's my poor "over 18 years old" memory.  I tried it from
> memory....

Well, that's one of the first things I learned posting here.  My memory
wasn't to be trusted.  I got (and still get!) a number of things wrong but I
always try to Google before I post.  Most of the times, you can reference or
cut and paste the right answer from the source, so it really pays off.

I took a couple of public beatings for posting wrong info but that's just
fine with me.  I'd rather bad info gets shot down quick.  It's much better
in the long run than have people handing out wrong answers and no one
correcting them because it might hurt their feelings or because they just
don't know any better.

This is actually a pretty good newsgroup that has a very deep and diverse
knowledgebase.  BTW, most respected posters use some sort of an actual first
name, real or not, just for convention's sake even if they have a fictitious
or non-existent email address.  I think that puts you at a certain
disadvantage, "Bin Dare."  Once people get the joke it gets very tired
*very* quickly.  Funny names are often the choice of trolls or sock puppets,
too, so factor that into the equation.

>This Old Fart signing off...  ;)

I've probably got Lafayette Radio Electronics gear that's older than you
are, OF!

--
Bobby G.