Re: is x10.com dead?

Robert,

OK,OK, <GRIN,  Thanks for pointing out the fact that ZWAVE does have
good support in the HA software market.  I will definitely do some
research on it. My initial research, after seeing your response,
indicates ZWAVE uses the 'each module is also a repeater' approach that
Smart Home is using. I like that approach. I did find one aspect that
doesn't appear very appealing, namely the process used to remove
modules from a network.  It appears that you have to dump the entire
network definition and relearn each module all over again.  I don't
know what this actually means at this point, but it sounds like
something that needs improvement. Take a look at this message site:

www.automatedhome.co.uk/postp2918.html