Re: is x10.com dead?

> I hear what you're saying, it's just not worth the aggravation.

I agree.  I stopped using X10 years ago because I don't have
patience with hardware that works *most* of the time, fails
regularly, can't handle interference from much of my other
hardware, etc.

Then again, I'm not willing to spend the price per load that
Lutron demands for Radio RA.  That and a past bad experience with
Lutron kept me from considering it.

I feel that Zwave is an acceptable alternative.  Like Radio RA,
it is still missing a few desirable features.  Unlike X10, it
works reliably and failure rates are quite low.  It's
significantly less than the cost of RA though more than twice the
cost of X10.

I understand the need to economize and the willingness of many
hobbyists to tolerate frequent hassles with X10.  That is just as
valid as the desire for 100% reliability and the willingness to
pay for it.  It's the reason companies like mine sell DSC and
Napco, Sanyo and Aiphone or *X10 and Elk.  In short, there's a
legitimate market for X10 and higher quality systems.

* I rarely sell any X10 stuff though I do sell X10 control
components with several of my security and HA systems.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.