Re: is x10.com dead?

"AZ Nomad" <aznomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:slrndv2q7a.fgi.aznomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I'd like to see every company still selling X10 modules die.  I really
tire of
> the home automation industry sticking with that crappy 60 baud protocol.

Our Leviton light switches take several seconds to ramp up or down.
Irrigation valves, pumps, and fans don't need high speed control.  Why do
you need high speed for the things we control with X10?

Have you ever really looked at what is inside one of these X10 modules?
Aside from the mediocre construction, it is a tremendous value.  That's why
they have achieved such good market penetration.

Yes, there will always be a market for the expensive high-end stuff.  Just
like there is still a market for vinyl records and tube amplifiers.  Some
people want a $10,000 HA system so they can brag about its capabilities.  We
just want things to work.

Jeff