Re: CM17A versions - any difference?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Considered them loaned.  Do you want them now?  If not, just remind me to
>send them when you're approaching that phase.  That will prompt me to look
>into the Dallas temperature devices.  As a humorous aside, when I first saw
>the assembled BX24-AHT I wondered why you had chosen such a non-standard
>battery size -- until I read the manual and discovered it was a Thermochron
>socket.  :-)  Neat.  I still haven't powered it up yet - need to get to the
>RatShack and get a power supply and convert an old Pentium 90 into a test
>machine.

No, I've got plenty on my plate right now.

The DS1921 is one thing that never worked out. Initially it sold for about
$12 and I thought it would be a good way to get a battery backed RTC with a
10-year life and a temperature probe all in one. Unfortunately, there were
problems with early models and they stopped shipments. Once Maxim "fixed" it
they doubled the price. I never got mine to work (which may have been my
code) and decided it was not worth the effort at $25 a pop.