Re: CM17A versions - any difference?

It depends on how hard you hit it with the hammer. ;)

Seriously, the RF transmitter in the CM17A is part of the main circuit board
and not as readily accessible as those in the universal remotes.

What are you trying to do? I don't believe I ever implemented a way to drive
an RF transmitter with the BX24-AHT. It was one of the things undone when I
ran into memory constraints. As a matter of coincidence, I made a change to
the roZetta design this morning that will allow using it's one free pin to
drive an RF transmitter for things like ceiling fan control.

If you're talking about the "User RF Inputs" on p31 of the BX24-AHT manual,
I later designed a battery powered unit that uses a small 4-pin RF
transmitter (or even a two-wire transmitter). If I manage to get roZetta
working, I may again try to make the wireless ADC module available. I've
simplified it from my initial design and users can now configure it by a
serial link. I have a bunch of the 4-pin 310MHz transmitters. It's available
elsewhere in 315MHz, 418MHz & 433.92MHz.