Re: CM17A versions - any difference?

news:43e3cf84.236301718@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >So I can also pull one out of a TM-751?  I have even more of those in the
> >"butchered by Bobby box" than I do CM-17As!
>
> No. The TM751 has an RF receiver daughterboard but no RF transmitter.

D'oh.  I should have known that. It only talks to the powerline.  My
stupidity shows how much I really want to atone for my sins and find those
poor, battered TM-751's a purpose in life.  They were injured during an
attempt to extend their range, which ought to give you another data point on
my soldering skills.  :-(

> >I was interested in this mostly to find a way to use my wireless weather
> >transmitters and log their data.  The transmitters seem to be quite
robust
> >and their batteries last a long time.  While it might be nice to also
have a
> >hard-wired temperature sensor net, there are times when the wireless
version
> >is quite useful.  My wife uses them to keep watch over seed beds - the
> >newest ones I have even have a temperature alert feature.
> >
> >It's also made me wonder whether the best overall HA design would be
> >autonomous units like the Oregon S's weather stations and Waterbugs
> >reporting to a central HA PC and controllable from it, but able to
operate
> >independently of it if the need arises.
>
> Since the RS/OS wireless protocol has been published I will try to design
> module to allow their use with roZetta and with the ZX-24 version of the
> AHT. It will, however, have to wait and assumes that someone will loan me
> wireless unit to experiment with.

Considered them loaned.  Do you want them now?  If not, just remind me to
send them when you're approaching that phase.  That will prompt me to look
into the Dallas temperature devices.  As a humorous aside, when I first saw
the assembled BX24-AHT I wondered why you had chosen such a non-standard
battery size -- until I read the manual and discovered it was a Thermochron
socket.  :-)  Neat.  I still haven't powered it up yet - need to get to the
RatShack and get a power supply and convert an old Pentium 90 into a test
machine.

> I've always taken the approach that the devices need to operate
> independently of anything I design to monitor them. I just try to
eavesdrop
> on the conversation between transmitters & receivers.

That's a lesson that's been beaten into me slowly.

--
Bobby G.