Re: CM17A versions - any difference?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>So I can also pull one out of a TM-751?  I have even more of those in the
>"butchered by Bobby box" than I do CM-17As!

No. The TM751 has an RF receiver daughterboard but no RF transmitter.

>I was interested in this mostly to find a way to use my wireless weather
>transmitters and log their data.  The transmitters seem to be quite robust
>and their batteries last a long time.  While it might be nice to also have a
>hard-wired temperature sensor net, there are times when the wireless version
>is quite useful.  My wife uses them to keep watch over seed beds - the
>newest ones I have even have a temperature alert feature.
>
>It's also made me wonder whether the best overall HA design would be
>autonomous units like the Oregon S's weather stations and Waterbugs
>reporting to a central HA PC and controllable from it, but able to operate
>independently of it if the need arises.

Since the RS/OS wireless protocol has been published I will try to design a
module to allow their use with roZetta and with the ZX-24 version of the
AHT. It will, however, have to wait and assumes that someone will loan me a
wireless unit to experiment with.

I've always taken the approach that the devices need to operate
independently of anything I design to monitor them. I just try to eavesdrop
on the conversation between transmitters & receivers.