Re: CM17A versions - any difference?

--------------060802010300020704040200

--------------020602070501040309020303

Jim Baber asks:
Dave Houston wrote:

>"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> <>It's also made me wonder whether the best overall HA design would be
>> autonomous units like the Oregon S's weather stations and Waterbugs
>> reporting to a central HA PC and controllable from it, but able to
>> operate
>> independently of it if the need arises.
>> Since the RS/OS wireless protocol has been published ....

I have the Oregon S's weather station, and I am interested in capturing
data from the wireless protocols to use with a HVAC control system.   I
wish to correlate Temp and humidity data with my solar PV system's 3
separate HVAC loads to best take advantage of my power utility's time of
day rate structures.  I have found that pre-cooling the house to lower
temps than the normal desired temps will allow the HVAC to be turned off
during the peak power use periods thus allowing me to export power
during the time of day where my utility charges as much as $0.49 per kWh
and to not use it myself.  I do use the current temps and humidity to
forecast the amount of pre-cooling needed as well as historical data
previously captured from my weather station (3 years) and is then
imported into a database for use in the prediction of hourly HVAC need.

Everyone I've attempted to get that wireless protocol from has either
told me it was privileged info or just ignored my request. Robert,  do
you have a copy that you would be willing to email me? or maybe you do,
Dave, in either case if somebody has it, a copy would be much
appreciated. -  Jim
 EMAIL without NOSPAM <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
to me at jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>I've always taken the approach that the devices need to operate
>independently of anything I design to monitor them. I just try to eavesdrop
>on the conversation between transmitters & receivers.

I like your eavesdropping approach, it seems to be the least intrusive.

--------------020602070501040309020303

<head>
 http-equiv=3D"Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Jim Baber asks:<br>
Dave Houston wrote:
  <pre wrap=3D"">"Robert Green" <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D=
"mailto:ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx";>&lt;ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx&gt;</a=
> wrote:</pre>
overall HA design would be<br>
autonomous units like the Oregon S's weather stations and Waterbugs<br>
reporting to a central HA PC and controllable from it, but able to
operate<br>
independently of it if the need arises.<br>
Since the RS/OS wireless protocol has been published ....</></blockquote>=

I have the Oregon S's weather station, and I am interested in capturing
data from the wireless protocols to use with a HVAC control system. =A0 I=

wish to correlate Temp and humidity data with my solar PV system's 3
separate HVAC loads to best take advantage of my
power utility's time of day rate structures.=A0 I have found that
pre-cooling the house to lower temps than the normal desired temps will
allow the HVAC to be turned off during the peak power use periods thus
allowing me to export power during the time of day where my utility
charges as much as $0.49 per kWh and to not use it myself.=A0 I do use
the current temps and humidity to forecast the amount of pre-cooling
needed as well as historical data previously captured from my weather
station (3 years) and is then imported into a database for use in the
prediction of hourly HVAC need.<br>
Everyone I've attempted
to get that wireless protocol from has either told me it was
privileged info or just ignored my request. Robert,=A0 do you have a copy=

that you would be willing to email me? or maybe you do, Dave, in either
case if somebody has it, a copy would be much appreciated. -=A0 Jim<br>
=A0<a href=3D"jim@xxxxxxxxx">EMAIL without NOSPAM</a><br>
to me at <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:jim@NOSPAMb=
aber.org">jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a><br>
  <pre wrap=3D"">I've always taken the approach that the devices need to =
operate
independently of anything I design to monitor them. I just try to eavesdr=
op
on the conversation between transmitters &amp; receivers.
  </pre>
I like your eavesdropping approach, it seems to be the least intrusive.<b=
r>

--------------020602070501040309020303--

--------------060802010300020704040200

begin:vcard
fn:Jim  Baber
n:Baber;Jim
adr:;;1350 W. Mesa Ave.;Fresno;CA;93711-2008;USA
email;internet:jim@xxxxxxxxx
tel;home:(559)435-9068
tel;cell:(559)905-2204
x-mozilla-html:TRUE