Re: is x10.com dead?

If you are referring to Insteon, it doesn't use the X-10 protocol (although
it can be set to use it) and it only uses RF to couple the phases.

When set for Insteon, all of the modules and switches repeat the signal (up
to five times) over the powerline which tends to give good signal strength.
And all commands are ACKed, so reliability is excellent. But Insteon will be
affected by the same types of signal sinks as X-10. Insteon uses 131.65kHz
versus X-10's 120kHz.

When set for X-10, the modules and switches do not repeat the signal.