Re: OT: Update

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1155949361.239719.163730@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks Bruce,
>
> The doctor said the "cocktail" they're going to give me will entail
> hair loss.  I said that for me hair loss is a given.  :^)
>
> I also learned that there are major improvements in chemo since my
> brother's cancer (7 years ago).  Now they can all but completely
> eliminate nausea.  Other druges maintain your white and red cell counts
> as well as platelets (for clotting), etc.  One drug I'll be receiving
> which I've seen advertised on TV a lot lately is called Neulasta (sp?).
> It restores the white cells so you're not so susceptible to infection.
>
> I was amazed at the cost of the chemo.  Neulasta alone costs $3,000 per
> injection!  The total 12-week regimen may run over $300,000 with all
> the drugs and the medical team.  If we didn't have insurance they'd
> treat me for free but that would be after I had exhausted all of my
> assets.  Fortunately, we're well covered and the business seems to be
> holding up even with me only working an hour or two a day.
>
> More later.
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
> www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
>

> bruceR wrote:
>> Robert, some of the new drugs are amazing and have few side effects.  My
>> mother, turning 80 this year, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
>> last
>> year and was at a point where she barely had energy to leave the house
>> and
>> spent most of her time sleeping. She went through a regimaen of bi-weekly
>> therapy with a drug called Rutuxin (sp?) and after 4 months was back to
>> playing tennis with no hair loss or other side effects!  At the six month
>> point she was declared cancer free but continues a maintenance regime of
>> the
>> Rutuxin on a bi-monthly basis.
>>  I hope your result is equally good.

>> > Sorry to hear you're still on oxygen, Jim.  These things sure make you
>> > think about what's important (and what is not) in life though, don't
>> > they?  The one thing that has been a source of strength to me in this
>> > is the love and support of my family.  During the six days I was in
>> > the hospital my wife never left my side.  She slept in a chair as
>> > there was no room in the room for a cot due to all the equipment in
>> > the room.
>> >
>> > Some of my clients know what has happened and they've also been
>> > supportive.  The crazy part is that my business has been OK even with
>> > me unable to work more than a couple of hours a day.
>> >
>> > I went to a cancer research center Thursday.  They're going to start
>> > me on a new chemo program in a few weeks.  I'm hopeful for a complete
>> > recovery.  They say the new drugs aren't as bad as they were a few
>> > years ago but chemo is still kind of scary to me.
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> > Robert L Bass
>> > www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

POST THE DRUGS, I WILL BUY MORE STOCK IN THOSE COMPANIES

See the BBB report here:
http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663

Bass Home Electronics
4883 Fallcrest Cir
Sarasota, FL  34233
Telephone: (941) 925-9747
Fax: (941) 925-9747

www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

www.Home-Automation.us.com

www.Security-Alarm-Systems.us

See the BBB report on line before you purchase from this vendor.

There is a lot more to consider than just a low price when shopping on the
internet. Don't become the next victim. 22 complaints in 36 months.